Information for Faculty Planning to Participate in the Investiture Ceremony Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Your regalia should have arrived to the address provided on your web order. If you have not received it, contact your department coordinator so that they can check with the Campus Store.
- If you requested a reserved seating ticket for your spouse or partner, an electronic pass will be sent to you via email in the coming days. Please be on the lookout for an email from EventBrite (email@example.com). Seating in the faculty guest section requires a ticket; seats will be released ten minutes before the start of the ceremony.
- You must wear academic regalia to march (exception: military dress uniform). Marching order is by academic rank, with length of service in that rank as a second criterion. Faculty who did not RSVP by the deadline march last, regardless of rank.
- Please arrive to Fondren Library by 8:45 am on Saturday, October 22. Light bites will be provided prior to the ceremony. Faculty will line up and process into the Academic Quadrangle from Fondren Library. After the event, faculty will recess back to this space.
- Due to expected good weather on Saturday morning, there are no inclement weather arrangements. For the most up-to-date information and announcements regarding Inauguration activities, including inclement weather updates, please text PRESIDENT22 to 888-777. You may opt out at any time by replying STOP. For help, reply HELP. Standard messaging and data rates may apply.
- Regalia should be returned to your department coordinator the Monday after the Inauguration Investiture. Your department coordinator will then return the regalia. In the event that regalia is not returned, your department will be billed the replacement cost of missing regalia.
- For this outdoor ceremony, you may want to carry a small folding umbrella under your robe. Because there is no secure storage space, you should not bring large items that cannot be carried in the procession, such as a briefcase, backpack, or large handbag.