Rice University is honored to welcome delegates from institutions of higher learning and learned societies to participate in the inauguration of Rice’s 8th President, Reginald DesRoches.
Please kindly reply by September 30, 2022 to ensure inclusion in the printed investiture ceremony program. The weblink for delegates to RSVP can be found below:
- Delegates will need to provide their own regalia in order to participate in the Investiture Academic Procession.
- Delegates are requested to arrive at Duncan Hall by 8:30 am with their academic regalia.
- In the event of rain, please report to Fox Gym, Tudor Fieldhouse.
- A special inauguration communication system has been set-up to provide inauguration participants and attendees with the most up-to-date information (including Inclement Weather updates). To opt into this system, please text President22 to 888-777. You may opt out at any time by replying STOP. For help, reply HELP. Standard messaging and data rates may apply.
- Chartered transportation shuttles for delegates will be provided the morning of the investiture ceremony for those staying at the InterContinental Houston – Medical Center or Westin Houston – Medical Center. Please help us best plan for these logistics by indicating whether you would be staying at one of these hotels via the RSVP form. If you have already submitted your form and now plan to make arrangements at one of these hotels, please contact 713-348-2112 or email@example.com and we will update our records accordingly.
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to check their regalia during the luncheon following the ceremony.
A full schedule of events and additional details for delegate activities are available at: https://inauguration.rice.edu/investiture/delegates-info